Friday, June 1, 2012

Operation Honor Them


On June 30, 2010 I began my mission to Honor Them. When I reached my first anniversary (Please see that blog post from June 2011 HERE) in Honoring Them I felt like I had accomplished a great deal and was proud to be in the company of so many fine patriots. Little did I know that last year was merely a drop in the bucket for all I'd accomplish in the following year. Over the course of the past twelve months both my facebook and twitter pages as well as my mission has grown by leaps and bounds. As I write this, I am just below 25,000 Likes on facebook, and quickly approaching 7,000 followers on twitter. On a daily basis I receive countless messages and emails from military families, service members and veterans who support my cause and are glad to take part. This makes me very proud and honored to be a part of a community that holds such immense patriotism and love for those who give so much of themselves on our behalf.

This year in celebration of my 2 year anniversary I wanted to hold a month long event to reach out to my fellow patriots. There are many ways that one can Honor Them, but all too often we get caught up in the daily distractions of life. With little financial obligation or time spent we can all do our part. Even the smallest gestures can have a lasting impact and show our troops and veterans just how much they mean to us. 

Below is a calendar of this month's planned events. Please feel free to share it and it's information with many. While I'm offering up these ideas, these are things we can do year round. Whether you pick one, two, a dozen or all of them, even participating is a step in the right direction. Also, during this month I will be making posts relating specific topics all day on each separate day of the week. Look for the schedule below the calendar.








    Sunday
  Monday
  Tuesday
Wednesday
 Thursday
  Friday
   Saturday
Military Families
Navy
Air Force
Coast Guard
Marine Corps
Army
Wounded


Please join me for the entire month of June to take part in Operation Honor Them. If you're on twitter look for #OpHonorThem and #OperationHonorThem. And join me on facebook too!

Thank you to: Forged Clothing, Soldiers Angels, DS&S Tactical, Boot Campaign, That Others May Live Foundation, Kill Cliff, Lt. Michael Murphy Scholarship Foundation, Navy SEAL Academy


7 comments:

  1. OOH-RAH!!

    Ana Ahibak ya 7ob galbi...ya almaas...#NIN ROCKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in! And I have 2 troops coming home, so that means I have 2 new ones to adopt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in, I will do what I can.. DS Vet

    ReplyDelete