Saturday, September 3, 2011

Milestones



On this day, Friday, September 2, 2011 Honor Them reached some milestones that make me very proud. Not just of the work I’ve put into honoring our troops and veterans, but of all of the amazing patriots who have helped me to spread my message. On my twitter account today I surpassed 3 thousand followers. On my Facebook page I surpassed 5 thousand ‘Likes’ and now I’ve reached my 20,000th tweet.

On June 30, 2010 I began my quest and mission to support our troops and veterans with hopes that I would get some people to listen and perhaps share my devotion to our United States Military. I’ve been overwhelmed with the number of people who have not only assisted me, but with how many amazing patriots out there share my commitment to making sure out troops and veterans are given the respect and gratitude they’ve earned and DESERVE.

It’s been just over 14 months since I began and some days were easier than others but at the end of every night I knew just how important it was and it is for that reason that I continue on.  We’ve been at war for close to 10 years now and in that time we’ve lost thousands of courageous, brave and valiant troops in the Global War on Terror.  While the loss of life during the war on terror has been tremendous and our focus has been there, we should not disregard the countless other lives lost. Our country has been at a state of war since its inception with countless lives lost in her defense.

Our military has changed in many ways throughout the years as new generations of men and women volunteer their time and so much of themselves to defend our country and its people, but one thing has remained constant. That is their unwavering loyalty to their duty to protect us all from harm, sheltering the American people and in many cases the world from harm. Duty does not fade in the eyes of our troops. It is ingrained within, a steadfast and unyielding way of life which continues on even after they’ve moved on to civilian life.

We should never forget that we haven’t been under draft for decades.  The troops serving our country so selflessly are doing so because they’ve chosen to do so.  There is not endless wealth at their fingertips.  They are not living in luxury due to their chosen profession.  Instead, they are eating MRE’s and dealing with unbearable temperature changes while lugging around anywhere from 60 to 150 lbs of equipment on their body.  Our military only accounts for 1% of our population. That is a very small number and proves just how special a breed of person it takes to be willing to risk everything for others.

I dedicate the milestones I reached today to our United States Military of past, present and future. Nothing I do would be possible without the sacrifices made by all of you. To our POW/MIA troops, you are Not Forgotten and you NEVER will be. Always you will be remembered for the price you’ve paid in protection of all of us. And to those heroes who have fallen, I take a knee and bow my head in anguish over the price you’ve paid.  There are no words which can properly convey the debt which we owe you. I vow to do my part to make sure your families and brothers/sisters of arms will be taken care of. 



With respect, gratitude and unrelenting support ~ Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Well said. Bravo Zulu on your efforts I assure you they do not go unnoticed by any of us in our small community the 1%rs.
    Sheri Rogers
    Sgt Dave Rogers USAF
    Owner operators DSSTactical

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have the words to convey my sincere and deep gratitude for the good work that you are doing.

    ReplyDelete